Aloha, E Komo Mai, hello and welcome to Lae'ula O Kai outrigger canoe club.
We are a culturally based 501(c)(3)
nonprofit organization located at Kanaha, on the north shore of Maui, Hawaii.
Our mission is
"To perpetuate the sport and culture of Hawaiian canoe paddling in an
atmosphere of respect and aloha. We strive to be Lae'ula O Kai,
well-trained and wise in the ways of the lowlands and seas."
Are you interested in paddling? Whether you've never paddled
before or are an experienced paddler, whether you're in kindergarten
or retired decades ago, we welcome you. Hele on over to our
to find out how to join and come paddle with us.
If you have not filled out and turned in your 2017 waiver
you can save time by filling one out and bring it to practice.
- Open: Mon, Tues, Thurs 5:30am - 7:00am
- Novice & 55+: Mon, Wed, 5:30am-7:00am + Sun 7:00am
- Afternoons: Mon & Thurs 5:15pm-6:45pm
- 12's & 13's: Mon & Thurs 3:30p-5:p + Sat 8:00am
- 14's: Tues, Wed, Thurs 3:15p-5p
- Mon, Tues, Thurs at 5:15pm + Sun at 7am
- Mornings if you can't make afternoon: Mon, Tues, Thurs 5:30am - 7:00am
Times shown are when the canoes will leave the beach, so please come early.
2016 Race Schedule
The 2016 race schedule has been posted on our Schedule Page